What You Should Know Before You Hire a Tree Expert
When there is a tree limb knocking on your roof or banging on your window when it’s windy, the time has come to think about hiring a tree expert. The sound is not only unpleasant it can cause damage that will be expensive to fix.
A tree expert or arborist, is a person who is trained to provide proper tree care including pruning, treating sick trees, tree removal, and more. But how do you know you are getting the right company for the job? Here are some things that can help you ensure you get the right person for the job.
- Check for testimonials from other customers. Most companies have a website and allow comments to be made. This can tell you a lot about the company. If you are able to get references from reliable sources, like your friends or family that’s really helpful in finding the best tree care provider. You might also want to check with the Better Business Bureau.
- Be careful of anyone who is going door to door looking for work to be done. It is much safer to hire a reputable company so you know that they have the right insurance, experience, etc. rather than picking someone that just shows up at your door.
- If the offer sounds too good to be true, it likely is. Never hire someone who gives a cheap offer. You need to always ask for credentials so that you can make sure that the job is done correctly and safely.
- Most legal tree specialists usually have some form of a contract. You need to read, even the fine print, before you sign anything. If you don’t understand something have them explain it, if you don’t like something negotiate something you are comfortable with.
- See if the tree expert had an ISA arborist certification. This means he/she has passed intensive examinations in tree care.
It’s important to ask the right questions before you hire and to feel comfortable with your final choice. These little reminders will help keep you on the right track.