What Buyers Need to Be Aware of When Buying Tree Care Services
You have an emergency – there’s a storm and tree falls on your house. Perhaps your trees
have grown out of control and they now not only hide your house they are scarping across your roof. Your favorite Oak tree has major dead areas and you aren’t sure it can be saved. It’s time to invest in finding a tree care service with trained professionals to help.
What’s the best way to find a reputable tree care services. Here are some questions to
help you decide if a company is right for you.
1.Communication – Is there a real live person that answers the phone during office
hours or is it a machine? When you leave a message, do you get a return call in
a reasonable amount of time?
2. Professionalism – Does the tree care professional show up on time for the appointment, is
he or she dressed neat and tidy and do they have identification?
3. Insurance – Does the tree care company have a “Certificate of Insurance” that covers property damage worker’s compensation, and a minimum of $500,000 business liability in case of an accident?
4. Certification – Does the company have on staff an ISA Certified Arborist with an ISA
5. Security – Does the company do a criminal background check on employees and do they drug test?
6. Best Practices – Will the company do the job according to ANSI A300 standards, which
are the best practices within the industry?
7. Training Does the company offer ongoing training to its workers to ensure they have the
necessary technical and safety skills?
8. Professional Affiliations – Is the tree care company involved in organizations such as the Tree Care Industry Association or International Society of Arboriculture?
9. Track Record – Does the company have references that you can check?
10. Ethics – What is the company policy on dealing with problems and ensuring customer satisfaction? If the tree service company answers these questions to your satisfaction, then they are likely worth trying.