5 Reasons to Fire Your Existing Tree Care Company
1) No Insurance: This is arguably one of the most important factors, even more so because trees fall all the time and accidents do happen. Although not as frequent as something like a car accidents, problems occur in the tree industry all the time. What happens if the guy you hire cuts down a tree, it falls on your neighbor’s home and his company has no insurance? You’ll be the one to incur the cost.
2) Tree Topping: This is a particular service that has been outlawed by the entire tree care industry as a whole. It’s a very cheap, quick, bad way to prune the top of a tree’s crown. There are far better methods to go about this. Only someone inexperienced will provide tree topping. This can and will kill your tree(s) over time.
3) All About Price: If the company you’ve hired is all about the price, it’s time to let them go. You should be hiring based on quality and experience. Not on price!
4) Check Your Trees: Take a look around at your trees, is work actually being done properly. If there are existing trees on your property that look terrible, it’s time to reassess whom you hired.
5) No Formal Contract: A contract should always be in place in the event of a breach of service or a problem. How else can each party protect themselves in the first place?